What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more at a variety of locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes and River Hawk Dollars, conveniently loaded onto your UML ID. No need to carry additional cards or cash!
We offer a variety of meal plans and features to choose from, whether you’re living on campus, in an apartment or commuting from home. Read on to learn more about the different features of meal plans to choose the best for you!
Meal Swipes give you access to any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including Fox Dining Commons, South Dining Commons & Hawk’s Nest Dining Commons. For Semester Meal Plans, unused meal swipes expire at the end of the semester. For A La Carte Meal Plans, unused meals swipes expire at the close of spring semester.
RIVER HAWK DOLLARS
River Hawk Dollars may be used at any University Dining location. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation. River Hawk Dollars work just like cash, $1 for $1, and are deducted right from your UML ID card. River Hawk Dollars are valid for the full academic year and expire at the close of the spring semester.
QUICK EATS MEALS
To encourage social distancing, all meal plans include Quick Eats Meals, redeemable at either Grill Out or Rowdy’s Roadhouse. You may use a Quick Eats Meal at Lunch and Dinner from either location daily for a to-go meal. Quick Eats Meals must be pre-ordered using GrubHub, so be sure to download the app and create your account today!
Guest meals can be used like a meal swipe at any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including Fox Dining Commons, South Dining Commons & Hawk’s Nest Dining Commons. Guest meals can be used to admit anyone with a valid UML ID card that does not have a meal plan.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Convenient hours and flexible dining options
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Dedicated True Balance Allergen Friendly station at Fox & South Dining Halls
Managing Your Plan
There are 3 ways you can check your Meal Swipes and River Hawk Dollar balance:
- On your receipt after a purchase at any dining location
- Visit the meal plan office in Fox Hall, First Floor Suite 104, open Monday-Friday 9:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Or call 978-934-5369
River Hawk Dollars running low? No problem! Add more River Hawk Dollars.
- First day of classes – 9/1/20
- Add/Drop for Meal Plans – 9/15/20